Following your photography session, you will be given private access to your digital proofs. The number of images available to download will be dependant on the package purchased.
Packages all include:
- A pre-session consultation to discuss your individual needs
- A photography session at our private studio in Thirroul, NSW
- All wraps and props required to style your session
- Digital downloading of high-resolution images
- Professional prints included with each package
- Additional wall art is available on request (please see our "Print Investments" page for more information).
What costs are involved?
- My session fee is $100 which covers the 2+ hours in the studio plus use of all outfits, wraps, props etc.
- The session fee is payable in advance and is transferable if for instance baby is unwell, but is not refundable if you change your mind.
- Packages include both digital and printed images and are charged separately to the session fee.
- Additional wall art can be purchased separately.
What should I wear?
- The studio is kept quite warm (around 25 degrees celsius) to ensure the comfort of your baby. Therefore, I’d recommend light clothes that you won’t get too hot in.
- For family shots I recommend neutral tones with no bright patterns or
logos as these can sometimes be distracting.
How should I dress my baby?
- Please dress your baby in something that is easy to remove such as a
zippy-suit without a vest underneath or anything that pulls over the head. This will ensure that if baby is already asleep and settled when you arrive, we won’t need to disturb them too much. And do not worry if your baby arrives unsettled on the day, we will work in with their cues!
Will my baby be safe?
- Absolutely, yes! I have been a Paediatric and Neonatal nurse for over 20 years working in Paediatric Intensive Care Units and Special Care Baby Units both in the UK and here in Australia.
- I hold a Degree in Paediatric Nursing and a Master's Degree in Advanced Nursing Practice. I also hold further qualifications in Neonatal Resuscitation, Parent Education and Breastfeeding Support as well as certificates in photography.
- I have a wealth of experience and expertise in handling and settling babies including premature babies, small babies, big babies and babies with additional needs (including those with lines and tubes).
- I am fully immunised and receive regular Whooping Cough boosters as well as the annual Influenza vaccine.
- I am fully vaccinated against COVID19.
- My studio is cleaned before and after each session along with all wraps, drops and props.
- My studio is also COVID safe with extra cleaning occurring during this time, hand sanitiser available to all and social distancing in place as much as is practicable.
- Facemasks are available if required.
- Your baby’s safety and comfort are my number 1 priority.
When should I feed my baby?
- Babies are best photographed with a full tummy as it makes them more
likely to be settled and sleepy.
- If baby is breastfed please try to feed them before you leave the house,
you can then give them a top up breastfeed once you arrive and can feed throughout the session if baby becomes unsettled. As a qualified and experienced Neonatal nurse, I am very happy to assist you with feeding as breastfeeding can sometimes be tricky in the beginning so please don’t feel anxious if baby becomes fussy.
- If baby is bottle fed (Formula or EBM) please feed them before you leave the house and bring enough milk to last the session plus an extra bottle just in case. Please note that we have a fridge, microwave and kettle in the studio.